Join our international Team
There is currently 1 vacancy at the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE).
Senior Education Director for the International Head Office
The Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) is seeking an experienced senior manager who is fluent in English to assume the position of Senior Education Director at its international Head Office in Copenhagen potentially from 1 June 2018. The FEE International Head Office is located in Copenhagen, Denmark and currently consists of 16 devoted staff members. Our working language is English.
FEE is an umbrella organisation of NGOs with member organisations in more than 70 countries worldwide, working to promote positive action based Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) through its five programmes: Eco-Schools, Young Reporters for the Environment (YRE) and Learning about Forests (LEAF), Blue Flag and Green Key. FEE is internationally recognised by various UN organisations as a leading organisation promoting and implementing ESD. The International Head Office of FEE is located in Copenhagen, Denmark with currently eleven staff members. For more information about FEE and its programmes please refer to www.fee.global FEE runs all its business in English.
The Senior Education Director is a new position within the FEE structure. The Senior Education Director will answer directly to the CEO while leading a team of four to six people. The Senior Education Director will be responsible for the overall programme development, administration, supervision, and evaluation of the three formal educational programmes (Eco-Schools, LEAF, and YRE) and provide dotted line managerial oversight of the educational components in the two non-formal education programmes (Blue Flag and Green Key). The Senior Education Director directly supervises two International Programme Directors (LEAF and YRE) and a full-time Eco-Schools Programme Coordinator.
Requisite skills, knowledge, and abilities
- Graduate or professional degree in Education, Environmental Education, Education for Sustainable Development, or a related field.
- 5-10 years’ of increasing experience and responsibility in a relevant academic and/or programme management setting.
- Demonstrated teaching skills and current knowledge of pedagogical strategies, service learning, and student engagement approaches.
- Proven successful experience in all aspects of project/programme management including reporting, content development, finances and team leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with a broad range of constituencies and high-level stakeholders.
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills.
- Innovative and able to develop and lead the organisation within the strategic directions set by the Board.
- Capable of working within a diverse international NGO landscape.
- Self-motivated and able to provide inspiring leadership.
- Excellent English skills.
The following abilities will enhance any application
- A sound knowledge of the principles and practices of environmental education
- Experience in financial management and fund-raising
- Experience in managing international projects and funders
- Experience in multi-cultural communities
- A high level of proven communication skills
- Fluency in two or more languages
- Strong people skills
- International experience
For the right candidate, we offer an exciting position in which you will be part of an inspiring team and atmosphere, working with positive-change programmes in an international context. Salary is dependent on previous experience and there will be international travels connected with the role.
For more information about the position please contact Daniel Schaffer, CEO of FEE on +45 61 24 80 80 or email@example.com.
Please send your CV with contactable referees and a covering letter by e-mail to Rikke Florager, Administrative Director, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ‘Application for the position as Senior Education Director’. The deadline for receiving applications is 16 March 2018. First round of interviews will be held in the first week of April 2018.